The LAPHC meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 3:30 p.m. at Lewiston City Hall, 27 Pine Street, Lewiston, Maine. The committee will not be meeting in the month of July 2023.
Public Health Committee Membership
CHAIR - Stephanie Gelinas - Lewiston City Councilor
VICE CHAIR - William Wallace - Bates College Instructor
Corrie Brown, Healthy Androscoggin Executive Director
Dr. Edward Walworth, Retired Surgeon
Jeremy Hiltz, Recovery Connections of Maine
Nina Gargan, MPH, Paramedic
Megan Parks, Lewiston School Committee Rep
Celeste Philippon, RN
Ben Sullivan, Health Care Professional
Community Relations Coordinator
Email Dottie Perham-Whittier
"In Times of Need" Helpful Links & Phone Numbers
Always Call 9-1-1 In Times of Emergency
Lewiston Police Department - Non-Emergency - (207) 784-6421
Maine Crisis Line - 1-888-568-1112
988 - Mental Health Assistance
- Veterans Crisis Line — Veterans or their family and friends can reach the line by calling 1-800-273-8255 and pressing 1, by texting to 838255, or by chatting online at www.veteranscrisisline.net/get-help/chat.
- Maine FrontLine WarmLine — Front line workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, including first responders, health care workers and teachers, can call (207) 221-8196 or text 898-211 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline — Call 800-273-8255 (press 1 for the Veteran Crisis Line)
- Maine Crisis Hotline — Text or call 888-568-1112
- Crisis Text Line — Text HOME to 741-741
- NAMI Maine Helpline —The NAMI Maine Helpline is a mental health resource and referral line for peers, family members, friends, and professionals. Call 800-464-5767, press 1. Available 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Maine Teen Text Line — Text (207) 515 - 8398, open noon-10 p.m., 7 days a week.